- Development of high-performance organic devices and their matrix arrays
- Synthetic chemistry to develop high-performance organic semiconductors
- Fundamental charge transport mechanisms in high-mobility organic semiconductors
- Interfaces of organic hetero-junctions: development and functions of their two-dimensional electronic states
2. Synthetic chemistry to develop high-performance organic semiconductors
Our group is characterized by the quickest and the most effective feedback to material development from the studies of device physics, which is actually enabled by the presence of organic synthetic chemistry. Small-molecular and polymer semiconductors with the world’s highest-performance functionality are being produced by the combination of innovative development of reaction schemes and elucidation of microscopic demand from the device physics.